Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Was Alec Baldwin a plant?

Perhaps it's just me.

I find it suspicious that the day after Alec Baldwin was tossed off an airline for refusing to shut down his iPad in the middle of a "Words With Friends" game, Zynga (the game manufacturer) announces it's going to have an IPO.

Mr. Baldwin has enjoyed lots of press about his actions and each time he casually mentions the product name "Words With Friends" -- including on a Saturday Night Live spoof. You can't buy better press than that!

I must admit that I'm also addicted to WWF -- and to other Zynga games Hanging With Friends, and various other games of skill/luck. Yet the general media keeps referencing Zynga and "Farmville" without a mention of their other games.

I think they're letting Mr. Baldwin do all the marketing for them.

Smart. Very smart.

No comments: